2013 Forester ICE

I have a 2013 New Forester 2.0 XT Petrol CVT and it is a pleasure to drive, very quiet, can be very fast if needed and currently is doing 32.7 to the gallon.

My only problems come with the ICE/GPS unit, salesman tells me it is a Pioneer unit and has a model number on front of unit FF405LS. I cannot find such a model on Pioneer's websites, anybody got any ideas.

Problems are with playing music from SD card, no safety camera warnings and navigation directions and searches.

For example, the unit loses connection to SD card.

In Navigation not full post code, also need to update points of interest.

Also in navigation, the unit says you will reach destination in 100 yards, when you drive past the destination the unit recalculates the route to get you to turn round to the destination. I would have thought that when you reached a destination the unit would stop navigating, both my TomTom and old Audi systems do this.

SAles man tells me that for camera locations I need to buy a TMC unit at about £500.

It does sound like a software problem

can you post a picture of the head unit itself with the initial menu screen displayed?

edit - looking on the web it seems Subaru have got Pioneer to make them a unit - within the settings / info on the screen does it give any information about software version or hardware type?

Yeah you have been told right the Pioneer only comes with Premium models. I will try look later see if there is any updates for the firmware for you mate if I remember. As for the camera I'm not sure on that either I will have a look but lets face it anything to get a few more pounds out of people :(