Hi all,

Likely a question that is asked often, but I'm wanting a little more power out of my STi.  It's currently standard other than a Ninja 2 backbox and upgraded K&N panel filter.  It just feels a little flat.

It's currently justshy of 15,000 miles.  I'm ideally not wanting to remove the cats so that I can pass an MOT without hassle, and it's at just a nice sound level as it is.  I do have a 'friendly' garage on hand, but can't be bothered with the hassle each year as it currently flies through emissions.  That is, unless it REALLY isn't worth mapping without getting into removing cats..

I was hoping to just add a new fuel pump (recommendations?  Walbro still the best or something better these days..?) and then remap.  What kind of bhp and torque would this gain?  I'd be interested to see any before/after graphs from anyone who has gone down this route.

I've read about adding a sports cat as a middle ground, but would this be border line come MOT time?  I'm really just open to suggestions from the experts and other members who have gone different routes.  Graphs would be great to see, as well as full lists of mods and ideally links to recommended parts.

Cheers!

What year / version is your sti ?

A remap will generally give 30hp 30flbs ish on a completely standard car ,along with better economy off boost .

What county are you in or do you know who you want to do the remap already ?

As the mapper you choose would be able to give you a better idea of gains to be had with all cats in place ,for your particular model and type of remap software used .

Fuel pumps I personally use rcm ones but there's quite a few choices out there pending on budget and long term hp target /usage 

6 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

What year / version is your sti ?

A remap will generally give 30hp 30flbs ish on a completely standard car ,along with better economy off boost .

What county are you in or do you know who you want to do the remap already ?

As the mapper you choose would be able to give you a better idea of gains to be had with all cats in place ,for your particular model and type of remap software used .

Fuel pumps I personally use rcm ones but there's quite a few choices out there pending on budget and long term hp target /usage 

It's a 2003 Type UK. I'm based in Leeds, so open to suggestions. 🙂

I guess 30fp torque across the rev range would give quite a bit of a kick, that's not bad along with better fuel economy.

My 52 plate sti type UK is running about 340 /340 (not dyno'd yet) with intake pipe ,panel filter and de cat .

Wouldn't thought a standard cat would hold it back too much but either a aftermarket or 2nd hand prodrive sports cat would help flow , plus pass a mot fine .

We've got a few members your way , so hopefully someone will be able to recommend a tried n tested mapper.Then they'd be able give you a better idea of gains with the standard cat , compared  to a sports cat so you can decide if it's worth the extra cost .

• Thanks 1