Subaru Impreza 1995 import

Brucey 95wrx

Having issues with my temperature gauge it is reading red before I even start the car 

it has had new water pump and genuine thermostat everything was fine for a couple of months after this 

I then parked the car up for 3 weeks 

got in it and started it and the gauge went straight to red I have now changed both coolant sensors on the crossover pipe 

any help would be really appreciated  

thank you 

The sensor with the single wire plug is for the dash the one with a multi wire plug is for the ECU. 

You could try unplugging the single wire dash sensor and see if the gauge still reads max .this might indicate a fault with wiring or dash connector if it still rises straight away 😉

If your sure the sensor is ok there's only the engine loom ,harness and clocks left to check .

Maybe try checking the multi plug (by the battery) and the dash plug is plugged in and making good contact , same with the engine loom earths. 

You could try tracing the wire from the sensor plug to the multi plug near the Battery .

Test this for a break in, with a multimeter , then do the same from multi plug to the back of the dash .

Not sure how to test the clock gauge other than test fitting another set of clocks .