New Purchase Impreza WRX STI RA 1995

Hi,

I’ve just joined the forum and have just purchased my first Subaru from a friend who’s had it for years sat in his garage.

I need some advice please regarding what it’s worth if I get an MOT to move it on as I know nothing about these cars or possibly I’ll keep it and enjoy it if I understand more about the model.

I think it is a WRX STI RA model with a factory role cage and only 60,999 miles.

The reg is M954XVE

33F7F8D6-7BA3-4532-A786-738A52D12D7C.jpeg

B3C30E3B-148F-4E6E-B181-1DFBBD78F5C8.jpeg

B98B602D-876D-44C6-A07B-36699734F0FC.jpeg

325E1B76-6BE3-4C9A-940B-94D754D7FEEF.jpeg

2BAC6B85-1700-467D-A7A3-C377E80BD45E.jpeg

Wotcha and welcome - looks like it needs some tlc and a bit of recommissioning but it is a drivers car so if you enjoy your driving I would hold onto it

I think(don't qoute me) that factory roll cage(assuming it has foam covered feet and STi stamped in) is a very rare item!!

Oh and welcome to the club!

Loud pipes save lives

Thanks for the information I’ll check the cage it’s factory because the dash and door trim are moulded around the bars.
is this a collectible model?
Again, don't qoute me, but I'd say yes with the cage fitted

Loud pipes save lives

Hi n welcome. 

The v1 and v2 wrx sti ra are very desirable cars ,especially as their 25 yr old (or nearly) as it makes them eligible for U.S import .

As Jay said the power to weight ratio and lack of driver aids make them so much more fun to drive . As far as the roll cage goes  I'm not if they were a factory option but there is quite a few factory options that I'm not aware of (so it could well be) .Either way if kept relatively standard ,it will only go up in value 😉

I'd imagine you'd sell it fairly easy but at the right price. As I had a closer look at the pics and it has rust on the outer arches (which normally means the inner arches are worse) and would probably need a full respray too . That coupled with the fact it's been sat a while ,so will probably need a bit of mechanical work,(new brakes,full service and cambelt kit).

Means it's a fairly big project but would certainly be worth saving. 

The friend I bought it off has had it parked in a garage for years so there’s only surface rust. The car has always been on a low loader to the MOT station so the Mileage hasn’t changed.

I’m trying to work out what it’s worth as it is, if I get a fresh ticket on it, or if it’s worth spending money on it to get a better price or when I drive it I could fall in love with it and keep it.

Dont get me wrong I'd love another early impreza sti project  ,myself 😎

although I dont know if the wife would be as happy as me about it ,As I already have a v1 sti and a v7sti type UK 😊

Also I only mentioned the inner arches as they normally rust from the inside out ,so by the time you see it on the outside the inside is normally far worse .

Just to give you a idea, for a clean original v2 sti ra the price would probably be around £7k . Although its difficult to put a price on yours "as is"  tbh, as it depends on how much work it needs .

It obviously depends on what other cars you drive but I'm sure youd love the rawness and power to weight ratio of a 280hp 1230kg car , once you got it up n running.