Lorraine

Lorraine

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying a 2016 outback 9,100 mls on the clock from a main dealer, 2 owners, full service history. Like the car,  but worried about mpg after owning a Hyundai i40 diesel used to 40plus to the gallon. Spoke to a local mechanic for his opinion and he's left me with doubts now saying that although they are reliable if anything goes wrong with them the bills are sky high. Any opinions gladly received! 

2 hours ago, Lorraine said:

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying a 2016 outback 9,100 mls on the clock from a main dealer, 2 owners, full service history. Like the car,  but worried about mpg after owning a Hyundai i40 diesel used to 40plus to the gallon. Spoke to a local mechanic for his opinion and he's left me with doubts now saying that although they are reliable if anything goes wrong with them the bills are sky high. Any opinions gladly received! 

first off the car is about 30% higher in price to buy so you'd expect some increase in running costs, Also its considerable larger car itself from what i can tell.  But that said i wouldn't say they are sky high. It tends to be the sportier models of subaru's that are more expensive to run and sounds like a lack of knowledge about them.