Aftermarket trailing arms question

Brickie

Hi all!

1st question from a newbie...

I'm looking to replace my existing OEM trailing arms and transverse members (to upgrade and due to the excessive corrosion- see image) on 2002 sti prodrive with some Hardrace.co.uk parts. Could anyone tell me how the ABS lines would be attached as the OEM's have a routing system unlike the Hardrace versions?

I'm guessing cable ties wouldn't cut it.

Also any feedback on Hardrace parts would be appreciated before I buy.

Thanks

post-1391-0-64368100-1379522504_thumb.jp

couldn't help with the re routing query im afraid but a friend of mine bought a rather expensive hard race dog bone engine mount only to find out that it had exactly the same part number as the oe one (just had a different bush)  .not saying there was anything wrong with the quality but, it would have been cheaper to uprate the bushes in his old one ;)  have you thought about getting some standard trailing arms powdercoated and maybe a uprated poly bush set .as it might work out cheaper and resolve the re routeing problem  

Hey all, Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions. 

I did ask the supplier by tel and he said he didn't know and had not had any previous customers mentioning any issues. 

I also asked a London Subaru dealer by tel today after sending them some images of current links and my proposed new ones

and they said they couldn't say as they do not work with after market supplier parts. 

I was considering OEM parts but I am suspecting they are more expensive and are not adjustable as with the Hardrace ones and come

with all bushes. Interesting to hear about the Hardrace engine mount part number...maybe they use the same number for their parts so 

customers know that it will definitely replace their OEM part?

I will continue to look for an answer...I have to get something installed before 30th Sept as off on a track day at Snetterton:)

If you get any leads please let me know....

Cheers

the Abs should go to a sensor on the hub if you can see it. So might be right with both. Without having a look myself I can't say for sure :)

I will have a dig around too. I think with the after market parts like you are finding out unless someone  has used them it's hard to get solid info :( 

@Miggs - It looks like I will have to.

I've discovered that the part I want to buy for my new trailing arms is the cable guide/router for the ABS line.

According to kinghams subaru it's only available (even though it's bolt on) with the ABS sensor etc for each wheel...at over £200 per wheel. It's only a chuffin bolt on bracket! So cable ties it is.

If anyone knows of any 2002 sti's being broken please let me know as also looking for other bits n bobs.