first scooby

ricky lee

Wotcha and welcome - For most NA's spending huge amounts of money does not net the returns you would like vs $$$ spent.

I would suggest a high flow panel filter a high flow exhaust, maybe remove one of the resonators and or the cat. A map will return some gains by matching all of your changes to the engine optimising plus removing some of the wider manufacturing tolerances as it is then working at optimum so some midrange and a couple of mpg gained.

focus on weight loss and chassis - improve handling and braking plus power to weight ratio

• Like 1

I run a 1999 N/A 2.0 Legacy as my every day car, and as said above, you won't get much in the way of horse power. However, the suspension set up is basically the same as the turbo models but softer with thinner anti-roll bars etc. I've replaced all the rubber bushes on mine with aftermarket ones designed for the Impreza turbo of the same age, so while it may be slow the handling is lovely and sharp on the corners. 

• Like 1