Opinion on this Type R

bruceecalder

Hi folks, 

Been looking for a Type R this past 6 months. I have not found anything as of yet but I have seen this highly modified example. It has been for sale a long time. Just wondering why it has not sold yet? 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/subaru/impreza-sti/type-r-one-off-rare-opportunity--immaculate-car--very-high-spec/9621289

• Like 1

Adams old car, guy who worked for scoobyclinic for 15 years or so.

Not sure if its got a 6 speed to match the 2.5 (2.5 will shred the 5 box), but other than that a decent enough car.

Price wise just depends what someone is willing to pay, to build that for yourself would be 25K + including buying the car.

• Like 1

Got some info.

Amount of previous owners? 7 owners since 1998
Registration of the car? R709 DNB
Was the car imported? Yes all Type R's are imported this was imported in 1998 by Subaru. I thought it may be P1. 
What gearbox is in the car? -  Its a 5 speed original gearbox.
Original paintwork? No the car is immaculate throughout with zero stone chips so it would suggest it has been painted at some stage
How much paperwork comes with the car (i.e, receipts for the modifications, auction sheet, service history) Yes has extensive history and we have a folder full of paperwork. All modifications Are documented as the last owner was meticulous with paperwork. Auction sheet is not relevant as the car was brand new when imported so would be grade 5. We also have all old mots to verify the miles.