Legacy Lights

John Sowden

Hi all!

Picked my 2005 gt 2.0 twinscroll wagon this afternoon. Goes great, just as advertised, etc, etc, but once I hit the back roads up here in darkest North Yorkshire, I was in real trouble! Dipped beam works, but is seriously lacking in range or brights, High beam makes very little to zero difference! Help!!!! I was holding up 2 cars, had to let a small 4x4 pass me! Still blushing with shame! Upgrade required!

Not sure what light fitting you have (HID Xenon or not)

Check this site for aftermarket options and LED upgrades - eg if it is an H7 dipped bulb you could go for a night breaker which will throw out a much brighter beam

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

Another brand I use a lot are MTEC bulbs which are very bright in my high beam - they give the local chelsea tractors arch eye when I remind them they are driving with high beam on 😆 

Hi all!

More inane questions.....Someone has fitted Angel Eyes, with an on/off switch, trouble is they are RED!!! I'm 99.999% sure they are a magnet for points on my licence!! Is it an easy swap to white? Or is blue legal? Also have valves fitted in the exhaust as per Maserati, which bypass the back boxes, trouble is, 3 position switch hidden under the dash,  tried to find it, no luck yet, so stuck in loud mode! Changing all headlight bulbs tomorrow, and getting a legal front no plate, next project the fogs/spots which don't work due to being full of water! (Suppose I could buy a couple of goldfish!).

HID headlights were standard on all but the lowest spec Legacys in Japan for the 2005/6 model year. Your comment about "Angel Eyes" would suggest that someone has removed the standard lights and fitted some cheap rubbish aftermarket items.