What is it about Subaru's?

Malc

A long time ago I bought one of the first Mk1 Prodrive Subaru's (Mica Blue etc) and loved it. After a succession of reasonably fast cars including a V6 Clio, I never quite got over the uniqueness of the Scooby. And then, like some kind of odd serendipity, this beauty turned up in my local garage. I circled round it for a month and then thought sod it. I'm nearly 70 and despite screams of dispair from my wife and family, I test drove it and that was it! When you look at the build it's pretty basic, the radio and satnav are like something out of the 60s, but when you get in and drive it, that sound and feeling of being in an arcade game, that's unique!

DSC_4041.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Marc lovely motor, do not see many of those in UK. I only know of one locally. I know what you mean about Scoobies.

My dad years ago could not find a car he liked, had to be new company car. He test drove Fords, Mazda etc but did not like any. I told him to try a Subaru which was not even on his radar. He said he jumped in a Classic Impreza 2.0 Sport (which I bought off him eventually) and drove 1/2 mile and bingo he instantly knew this was the car he wanted. This was in 1998 and he has had Subaru's ever since, XV currently. Before I sold the classic he had one last go and said it is like meeting up again with an old friend.

My problem now is when the sad day comes to get rid of my 2007 WRX is what the fook am I going to replace it with.

Just thought I might use this post to inspire my old man >70 to get rid of his diesel XV and look for something like this.