Wanted EJ257 2.5L block standard - NOW SORTED

Jay762

2 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Yes it is - full CDB conversion booked in 👍

noice noice, well worth doing given the cost vs whole cost of a build. 

Other thing is to consider what Head studs you go with. right grade 11mm ARP's will prob be sufficient unless your planning to go 550+ (whats in mine)

26 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

noice noice, well worth doing given the cost vs whole cost of a build. 

Other thing is to consider what Head studs you go with. right grade 11mm ARP's will prob be sufficient unless your planning to go 550+ (whats in mine)

It will be fitted with 14/14's - only want to do the foundations once 😊

18 hours ago, Jay762 said:

It will be fitted with 14/14's - only want to do the foundations once 😊

what power you aiming for?

as said mines speced for 550 so unless your going above that or planning to track it hard (which is a whole different ball game and i wouldn't be going 2.5)

Not looking for a specific power figure but want the foundation to be solid for whatever so the block will not be a restrictive component, internals can be switched out as appropriate but the aim is rev to an 8.6k redline without falling apart.

It will be tracked as well

20 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Not looking for a specific power figure but want the foundation to be solid for whatever so the block will not be a restrictive component, internals can be switched out as appropriate but the aim is rev to an 8.6k redline without falling apart.

It will be tracked as well

tbh i would seriously consider shelving the 2.5 and going the 2.33 proper closed deck route then. Sounds like its gonna get a pretty hard life so even closed decked the 2,5 still has relatively thin walls on the bores

For what I need at this point - Daily for the Missus and a few track days, the 2.5 will be fine, retaining the extra torque will be easier to live with. Ill save the EJ22 for the a more focused tool, 700+ capability maybe 😁