2011 STI Build Help

CRG77

Hi All,

I have a 2011 STI (GV) and I am looking at starting to do a few upgrades over the next few months ready for summer. So far the only things I have done to it are:

- Rear muffler delete.

- Cosworth air filter.

- Brake and pad upgrade. Brembo caliper refurb (Finished in Yellow).

- Hella Horns

- Front Lip Spoiler

- 340R Pack

There are probably a few things I may have missed. Anyway I was just wondering what people think I should upgrade next? Wheels, suspension, intake etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Depends on what you would like out of your motor. I would suggest a a good bespoke map, I am also completing the cooling mod to protect No4 cylinder as well.

If you plan on doing track days look at:

• baffle for the sump,
  • oil cooler
  • oil pickup rubber attachment
  • Petrol surge / lift tank with fuel pressure regulator

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Depends on what you would like out of your motor. I would suggest a a good bespoke map, I am also completing the cooling mod to protect No4 cylinder as well.

If you plan on doing track days look at:

Map is definitely something I want to get done. I don't think the one with the 340R pack is the best. I have spoken with TDRacing and they suggested downpipe and intake then a remap with them. 

Would like to do some more trackdays but this car is also my daily. I will have a look into the options you have suggested. Thank you 🙂

1 minute ago, Jay762 said:

TDR know their stuff 👍

I agree. I went down when my secondary air pump failed to get it mapped out as was cheaper than replacing the pump (which is only used on cold starts). Really friendly and helpful and couldn't stop myself asking questions while I was there. Obviously that lead to talks of more power lol 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CRG77 said:

I agree. I went down when my secondary air pump failed to get it mapped out as was cheaper than replacing the pump (which is only used on cold starts). Really friendly and helpful and couldn't stop myself asking questions while I was there. Obviously that lead to talks of more power lol 🙂

careful its addictive..... but keep a camera handy and feel free to create a build thread 😁

2 hours ago, Jay762 said:

careful its addictive..... but keep a camera handy and feel free to create a build thread 😁

I know it's addictive 🙂 That's why I have taken it slow so far. But I will have had the car for 3 years in June and it needs some changes. Not a huge fan of the stock wheels on the 11 - 14 STI so want to change those too.

I will keep a camera handy and make sure to film/take pictures for updates. 

Any other upgrades people think are worth doing please let me know (and what I should look at upgrading first)

• Like 1