Decided going for a wrx blobeye

Wrxscooby1

So I've decided to go for a blobeye wrx and I will be looking to tune for a fast road set up , my first mods I'd be looking in to would be suspension and brakes as for me handling and braking is the most important thing and power comes last 

As for power I'd want a reliable tune and looking into the 260-280bhp mark as I feel with a good suspension and braking set up and decent rubber this would be a good useable b road car 

Some of the threads I have read seem to say 280bhp is a fairly reliable power figure for these engines , any other advice or recommendations welcome as I am new to Subaru's so I'm as fresh as a daisy here so I might need some help along the way !

Feel free to create a project thread.

IMO your approach seems spot on.

Obvously choices there for suspension and chassis stiffening - ARB's etc dependent on how stiff you want it. Brakes will be limited by your wheels so your choice can be quite easily narrowed down based upon that

Power, if I remember correctly. Panel filter (Cosworth, K&N, etc), STI top mount intercooler, freer flowing exhaust plus map for the mods will give a small power increase but a nice driveable motor.

But if you are looking at the handling, and driving in a more more spirited manner I would consider a sump baffle plate, stronger pick up with the rubber attachment, replace the fuel pump, particularly if it is over 5 - 8 years old. Possibly an oil cooler making sure your petrol and oil are in good supply and at teh right temp for sustained revs with higher corner G    

• Like 1

Hi n welcome,  I'd echo what jay has said and generally just a panel filter and remap would see 260 to 280 hp . Pending on budget most fit a de cat up pipe before mapping , as the wrx has a pre cat in the up pipe that restricts flow.

But at your target hp not many mods are required before mapping .

There's loads of options for suspension upgrades from sti shocks and springs to fully adjustable coilovers . I personally run meister r's and have found them less crashy than b.c's but whichever way your needs,budget and preference steer you . The front suspension has camber bolts as standard but the rear doesn't,  so Buy some camber bolts for the rears as this will give some adjustment on the rear when the geo is being set up .

As for brakes at 260 to 280 hp you might find a decent pad and disc combo could be all you'd need , I'd say see what you think of the standard equipment before upgrading.  Otherwise most tend to fit sti brembos as the first upgrade , if the pcd is the same the discs and calipers will just bolt on .

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies , i dont want it to be as stuff as a track set up up but enough to make the car feel sharper and more responsive , I'd like to replace the bushes and go poly Bush or would you recommend standard bushes? Wider wheels possibly? I've had bc racing coilovers before on another car and I did quite like them , not bad for the price they were but I might give meister r a try this time round or hsd possibly , im basically looking in to upgrading all the suspension and refresh anything that needs doing then some decent rubber and a good geo set up !

As for power wise , I'll definitely change the fuel pump and get a full exhaust system fitted and a panel filter as I'd like to keep the standard air box, and cooling is something I want to upgrade as although I'm not looking for a big power increase I'd like to make sure everything is working correctly and as efficiently as possible before remapping so the engine stands more of a chance of lasting , I like the idea of a baffled sump and a sti top mount , looked in to a front mount but I think itll be overkill for the power I want , I've seem on previous threads people have had these running at 330bhp but I just feel the wrx engine wouldn't cope well in the long run unless it's been forged also the gearbox

Where is the best place to source parts ?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk