Dual AVCS compatibility

Alright Guys,

Was looking into fitting a set of Dual AVCS heads from Tomei to a closed deck block for a future build which will involved a stroker kit and a lot of saving up. I dont know if its completely possible yet as not had a chance to do much research so its just a dream at present as dont know what sort of lines have to be in place for the AVCS to operate (as im assuming a later model CDB wont have the capability of providing the oil pressure for it)

Just wondering if anyone has ran Dual AVCS whilst mapping or under tuning and if they have any reccomendations for using the system under this type of build?

Any information is great :) and in true tesco fashion ever little helps :)

CheeRS

Danny

I don't know the full details yet as I am still looking into the differences but what I do know so far is you would be looking at a later model ecu and loom + sensors which may need mounting on your existing block and merging into your existing loom.

The mechanics of it are pretty straight forward though in comparison

• Like 1

I know i need all new sensor arrangements so think will take a new loom from a model running with Dual AVCS and either splice in or completely renew the loom (why not as its an upgrade/decent mod) already running an aftermarket ECU which can support it which isnt too bad. spoke to my tuner and he would be keen to see what it would make on the rollers but im a fair old distance from getting anything together at this stage.

What are you planning if your looking into it?

Was worried like an older series CDB might not have sufficent oil passages/ability to supply the heads. but thats something will need to sit and work out on paper (providing i can get some info from Tomei in regards to operating parameters)

Also worried about running a fully forged stroker with the dual AVCS with regards to monitoring Equipment. running a wideband exhaust sensor at the minute but have a feeling AVCS would benefit from a few more sensors closer to the outlets and inlets to regulate the control of the AVCS during acceleration through the rev range.

Again need to speak to Tomei and see what they say, will try and shoot them an e-mail at some point this week.

Hopefully can pull up some info on it in the future to see what block arrangements would work or if they can be modified to take the heavy boost im looking for. was wanting CDB due to the strength but thinking it would probably be just take a full Dual AVCS engine and forge it, but im sure they are SCDB's..... grrrr i hate the slow internet at work, slows down research DRAMATICALLY!!

Cheers for the info Jay762

running an SCDB with decent liners plus all the associated uprated studs, gaskets etc should be fine and will have the benefits associated with cooling flow around the head

These chaps offer stuff off the shelf

http://www.ra-motorsport.co.uk/Product/Category/EK20101130021332

• Like 1