impreza 1998 wagon non-turbo

nictriumph

2 hours ago, nictriumph said:

£200 pound for set of 4 coilovers or £1000 for decent set of 4 coilovers....its a no brainer really...why are they so cheap! compared to decent set,,,cheap set built to low poor quality..i might aswel stick with the crusty standard set on the car and clean,repaint them

trying to find good quality and affordable is getting really hard to find nowadays

This is always the dilemma. The cheaper ones suffer with rust really quickly as well as the lack of damping.

I have used KYB struts recently on other motors including my lads mitsi colt - Improved the ride over OEM no end, firmed it all up nicely without compromising on comfort. They also worked well on my Kwak MX bike 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cant wait to drive it more then 40-50metres from my neighbour house to mine..it felt tight as a drum...i bought it from him cos it needs welding to rear end and drivers sill area.ive owned triumphs for over 10 years now so welding is no problem at all

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nictriumph said:

cant wait to drive it more then 40-50metres from my neighbour house to mine..it felt tight as a drum...i bought it from him cos it needs welding to rear end and drivers sill area.ive owned triumphs for over 10 years now so welding is no problem at all

I bet mate.   My first car was a mk2 triumph vitesse, tin top.  2litre 6 straight, twin carb and it had negative camber that would kick the back end out at the slightest provocation, like turning into a junction!! Haha 

yeah those vitesse and herald are bit funny on handling,,its the rear cross-axle leaf spring layouts (crap idea) bit more research and design would of helped it alot

first triumph i bought was 2000 mk1 estate which needed welding in all areas it was 1966 made,gunmetal grey and blue interior it handled very well once tuned up independent rear axle,rear wheel drive manual overdrive(when it worked) was lovely then sold it on as it was far to big for me and the misses so bought browny my dolomite1300,in fact now come to think of it i had had triumphs for 14years ,before triumphs i was a ford man..cortina mk2 1600e ratlook and ruff n ready.......but now impreza has come along and i love it cant wait to start work on it..get that flat-4 feeling going

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

not a lot has happened..had a wash before winter sets in,front strut brace fitted.still rolls freely......but i have been sorting friends bugeye wagon exhaust out,,,cat was nicked! so re-exhausting the car,just front 6pin lambda to get now then sorted

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi all,,,been ages since last update.......well alot has happened..engine swap on mate gx 2004,engine cos off engine knock front left piston slaping big end bearing let go,volvo v70 mk1 awd put back on road for a mates friend,my dolly had a few body repairs still going strong and yes still got the MY GREEN MACHINE been collecting parts for rear end rebuild after welding (i know il get burn marks) to rear turrets,still need to fresh metal from stockist