Type UK and GB270

Lil EJ X

Hi all. 

New here, first post and on the search for my first Scooby... So please forgive me as I'm sure people ask a lot lol(I did search but couldn't find anything)... 

Type UK vs Jdm, with regards to a Hawkeye STI - what's the difference? Or is just that you're more cool if yours is JDM ;) 

And GB270 - is this particularly special or is it just your typical automotive manufacturer whacking on a badge and charging more cus they're only a limited number? 

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully be about more and chatting when I find something that really takes my fancy ;) 

• Like 1

Jdm sti will have a better engine, i think its 2L aswell instead of 2.5L on uk model which make it £500 a year to tax. The gb270 is a Wrx with prodrive bits it is a limited edition but can probably get an sti for same or not much more, jdm does make you more cool scientifically 😂 

• Haha 1

type uk and gb270 are the same car mechanicly pretty much so just consider them the same.

as said jdm is 2.0 engine and is alot less prone to failure than the 2.5, however the jdm engine is no longer a proper forged engine.

Which you go for is really up to you, i preffer the 2.5 over the 2.0 as they have alot more low down grunt, however if you go 2.5 i would make sure you budget for a proper rebuild just in case (cirac 3-4k for a basic rebuild done properly). It may never go, but then you might drive it 5 miles and it might go.

• Thanks 1

^^ good advice thanks. How much more reliable is the 2.0 over the 2.5? I have 2 other cars already, one being a daily that needs to be my priority expenses wise, and he's a little sod with expensive 4 figure bills too *rolls eyes*, so maybe adding an Impreza to the collection isn't such a wise idea.... I have a tendency to love cars with expensive faults haha! 

As to how much worse the 2.5 is im not sure just know theres been alot of failures. The 2.0L is generally more reliable but again depends how its been looked after and if/how its been modded they are not invincible but ive had 2 go over 100kmi and been reliable👍.  My advice would be to test drive one because they are genuinely a great driving experience. Plenty people use wrx’s and stis as daily and just keep it serviced regular. Being handy with a spanner and ratchet can save you a fortune as-well because the basic serving on these cars are fairly easy. Your call your cash if it was me id punt the 4 figure repair bill daily and get  a scooby but im obsessed with my subaru 😂 Its fun practical and looks and sounds brilliant

• Haha 1

Haha its a nice idea but my commute is 150 miles a day, mostly sat on the M6 haha 😉 it's £500 fuel a month in my derv I'd dread to imagine the cost in a Scooby haha! Can do most work myself which is useful so will try both and see which I prefer 😄

• Like 1

Its pretty much pot luck, I know 2.5s that have been treated withbkid gloves and have shat themselves and I know cars that have been hammered that have been ok.

I've had 3 scoobs with 2.5s, 2 of the 3 have failed.

• Thanks 1