24 Hours of ownership -First impressions

olliesgrandad

Well Mark from Unity in Balsall Common delivered my 2019 XV yesterday afternoon.

The car was beautifully prepared and had almost a full tank of petrol. 

How does it compare to Lexus ?

Well very well. The paintwork is beautifully smooth and panel fit is if anything better than any of the 4 Lexus I've owned.

My only issue is the complexity of all the safety systems, but the active cruise control is far superior to Lexus and being able to set it to 20mph is a real winner with so many low speed areas appearing (Lexus minimum is 28mph).

I think the trim fit and finish is superb for a car at the price and when I checked under the bonnet it was nice to see many areas were coated in a protectant ( The ABS braking unit which on Lexus is left bare was nice coated with some sort of waxy coating).

The isofix is one of the easiest I've encountered and getting my grandaughter's Recaro Monza seat in was a doddle. She loves the interior and describes it as 'cosy'. In fact this afternoon she came out with me to collect a parcel and soon fell asleep..

The Stereo needs to be studied as it never seems to turn off completely.

I noticed after playing media when I turned the car off the radio came on.

no doubt i'll work it out when I have time to study the hundreds of pages in the 3 manuals.

so far i'm extremely pleased with the car and of course am used to the CVT from my Lexus experience. I toppe the petrol up today so my phone app can now work out some true mpg figures.

Happy days

Congratulations on the arrival of your new XV.  I'm glad all is well.

I'm still learning about my new Outback, and the radio issue was a puzzle for me too.  Checking on the helpful subaruoutback.org web site (which is a US site with masses of information and advice for all Subarus), the radio issue has been well discussed.  Basically, it will come on once your restart the ignition, even if you switched the radio off just before turning the ignition off.  No one has any idea why Subaru has set up this arrangement, but the 'trick' is to turn the radio volume down to zero, just before you switch the engine off, if you don't want the radio to be audible next time you restart.   At least with Subaru you can switch the radio off when driving, but with my friend's new Peugeot the radio is on constantly and can only have the volume lowered. Must be a 'new' car thing? 🙂

• Like 1