Water leaking in around visor on drivers side

Newfozzy

Hi folks

i have had my 2016 Forester since April and have to say on the whole I have absolutely loved it, beautiful car to drive and puts a smile on my face every day .Today slightly less so, there was a tremendous downpour this afternoon and when I got back to the car there were some drips on the floor, and damp areas around the visor on the right.I’m thinking maybe moonroof issue so can check at weekend and put some silicone on the seal, but would be good to hear if anyone else has had this issue, and if so what the solution is.The car is still under warranty but not sure it would cover this (it’s a standard RAC warranty )

thanks in advance !

Kate

C1077EA1-F12F-48A6-ABEA-9F5342F999D7.jpeg

88C745BF-DCD0-4247-8960-B114C53057AD.jpeg

BB0443BC-77BA-478C-AD58-2E7E9E340B24.jpeg

Leaking sunroof on a reasonably new car is usually a blocked drainage pipe in my experience. I'm not sure where this will be on your car, but worth checking. It could  be a rubber tube that comes out behind a wheel arch or something similar.

Andy

9 minutes ago, AndyLevorg said:

Leaking sunroof on a reasonably new car is usually a blocked drainage pipe in my experience. I'm not sure where this will be on your car, but worth checking. It could  be a rubber tube that comes out behind a wheel arch or something similar.

Andy

If it helps or is of interest, this is where the drain tubes exit on a Legacy, may be similar.

Capture1 S.Roof.JPG

Capture2 S.Roof.JPG

9 hours ago, AndyLevorg said:

Andy

Hi Andy,thanks for that.Do you know where to find a diagram to loacate the pipe inlet ????Will have a general scout as well 

Kate 

On 7/7/2021 at 7:18 AM, Newfozzy said:

Hi Andy,thanks for that.Do you know where to find a diagram to loacate the pipe inlet ????Will have a general scout as well 

Kate 

The drains on the Legacy are here but I think you may have to remove the headlining to reach them. May be worth having a poke round with a bit of stiff wire.

removal_2661.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, olliesgrandad said:

A small brush on a stiff long nylon line that people use to clean aquarium power filter pipework is  very useful tool and less likely to puncture any tube you are trying to clear

This was a really good tip and it’s now not leaking , thanks very much!!