How to switch off Lane departure warning - permanently

Just picked up a 2015 Outback which is great in all respects except the incredibly irritating Lane departure warning. Is there any way of permanently switching it off, which keeping the other eyesight functions working? The !Removed! thing must beep at least 50 times, just on my way to work! Happy to have the ECU reprogrammed if that's what it takes

Hi Andy - thanks for the reply.

I can turn it off on the button for a single journey but as the default is "on", when I restart, the damned thing comes back on. What I want is to turn it off completely - it's driving me nuts!

14 minutes ago, Jon Tallis said:

Hi Andy - thanks for the reply.

I can turn it off on the button for a single journey but as the default is "on", when I restart, the damned thing comes back on. What I want is to turn it off completely - it's driving me nuts!

Interesting, I've a 2020 OB and if I switch the Lane Departure Warning off, it stays off even on the next start-up and beyond, unless i deliberately switch it on.  However,  when switched off the dash light does blare away in the instrument cluster.  I wonder if staying off on start-up is a more recent 'tweak' with the later Gen5 OBs.

Does your Lane Departure warning on/off switch work the same way?  That is, you have to press and hold the switch, which is positioned to the right and below the steering wheel, next to the A auto stop/start switch, and keep it pressed for a few seconds before it bleeps (both for on or off)?

Also, as with my last two vehicles (Skodas), with the OB I've trained myself to unconsciously and automatically press the auto stop/start off every time I get into the car, as this does not stay off on start-up, sadly.  That seems t obe the same for all makes of vehicle.

Hi Justin - sounds like Subaru responded to customer feedback - "turn that bl**dy thing off!" Sadly the default on the 2015 OB the Lane Departure defaults back to "on" at each re-start........... unless anyone out there knows of a hack to defeat it.

Just checked P91 of the Owner's Manual supplement for Eyesight system and it reads ... "The ON/OFF status of the Lane Departure Warning is restored when you restart the engine."  To me, that reads as if it's off, it stays off, and vice versa.

Sorry, just seen your last post re the default of the 2015.  That's a pain. Have you tried lookign for advice on the SubaruOutback.Org site?