2002 bugeye brake noise

Thal07

Hi, just after some advice before I spend any money. I have a 2002 bugeye wrx wagon and it has a strange noise when braking. It only happens on gentle braking but it clicks and feels as though its coming through the pedal. Don't think it's Abs related as there's no lights and it stops fine if you brake hard. Any ideas what it is before I start charging discs & pads etc? Thank you! 

On a for pots brake caliper, brake pads have some thin tin wear indicators(one pad only on each side and usually on the outside but can also be on the inside of the disc)

Check pads wear and if ok reshape just a touch  those tin indicators.

Hope it makes sense. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Acula said:

On a for pots brake caliper, brake pads have some thin tin wear indicators(one pad only on each side and usually on the outside but can also be on the inside of the disc)

Check pads wear and if ok reshape just a touch  those tin indicators.

Hope it makes sense. 

Hi, yes that makes sense thanks. Planning to get it in the air tomorrow and have a good look at the pads. They do look quite low on the outers so they're probably worse on the inners. Hopefully that's all it is. 

• 4 months later...

Reviving the topic.

I had new front disks and pads, on the cheap side (icp deal)that came with blue print pads.

For road use it was kind of decent with lots of dust and noisy(when cold)

But going in reverse was an absolute disaster. 

Got a new set of pads Apec (still on the cheap side). Less dust but even worse squealing. Those pads have wear indicators on each pad.

Before going to the big money parts, I cut the wear indicators off and big surprise, no more noise.

For the future, any suggestion for decently priced brake pads (road use)

Does EBC yellow stuff really worth the money?