Horn issue 2000 turbo

Hey,

I went to use the horn the other day and nothing happened. Took off the horn cover and saw why!!!!

null_zps3625ff64.jpg

The horn problem is the horn button I have has 2 connectors and I have connected the wire to both and it doesn't work. My question is should it work? Or will I need a horn push with one button?

It's a 2000 reg turbo 2000

Ta

Does connecting the red wire to earth sound the horn?

if so that is your two connections one to the red wire and one to an earth- the single lead horn buttons have metal cases to earth / close the circuit

Mum that's what I thought should happen to. Unfortunately it doesn't work when I ground it. Are there any other usual suspects? Fuse maybe? Not with the car for a few days so throw ideas at me and I will report back when I can.

Ta

fuse would be the first / easiest thing to check next do to the horn itself and see if it works using a flying lead directly from a Battery. If it does I would then be looking to check continuity / voltages for the horn connection to earth from steering wheel to earth point on chassis - there may be a relay involved in the circuitry somewhere.

dont forget you will need the ignition on when testing - sounds silly but I made that mistake ;)

Funnily enough I tried firstly without the ignition on and then realised but still nothing.

Is the fuse in the main fuse box in engine? And where is the horn located in the engine bay?

I believe the horn is front mounted behind the grill in front of the rad, cant help with the fuse box with things like that there tends to be an additional fuse panel inside the car under the dash -- Im sure one of the more knowledgeable members can help with that one

• 1 month later...

Well after further investigation there doesn't seem to be any sign of a clockspring whatsoever. Tried uploading image but having problems however there is a photo in my other post in the Electric part of the main forum for reference.

What model clockspring will fit? My car is a 2000 year turbo 2000 with Nardi aftermarket wheel.

Ta

Well got this sorted, went down to HDC Subaru in Hebden Bridge (who were very friendly and helpful with a lot of parts) and got a standard steering wheel and clock spring (very cheap as well) installed today and was very very easy to do. Have a horn, self cancelling indicators and an airbag:)

• Like 1

Well got this sorted, went down to HDC Subaru in Hebden Bridge (who were very friendly and helpful with a lot of parts) and got a standard steering wheel and clock spring (very cheap as well) installed today and was very very easy to do. Have a horn, self cancelling indicators and an airbag:)

Whoop whoop result :D Honk Honk