various bobbins

i'm due a long service award from work at the beginning of next year so if the misses doesn't suggest a holiday i'm gonna spend it on the car

trying to work out budget and bits so at least i have a plan,

one of the 1st things is a new exhaust, not looking for any massive power gains as i presume i'll need a piggyback ecu and map to go with it, i just want it to sound more like a flat 4 

if i go from the cat back will it be much of an increase in sound ? if i decide to delete the 2nd cat will i have problems with the lambda sensor or is it below the 1st cat ? how much will the two options muck up  the fueling ?

forgot to add, the ht leads are as old as the car so was gonna change them too, i know that the rear plugs are a pain to change, is this the same with the leads or is there enough clearance to get them out and in again without having to take it all to bits  

The noise level with the exhaust will be down to the manufacturer, you can have a decat exhaust with a large silencer box and keep the levels low, conversely you can have hi flow sport cats fitted followed by a straight through pipe and it will be louder than your standard setup.

from the diagrams it looks like the lamba is just after the first cat

I cant help with rear plug access on your vehicle, but Im sure one of the others will be along with the knowledge 

Yeah i was told you have to drop the engine mounts or something along the lines to get at them ?

When i had it serviced they told me that the rear two plugs hadn't been changed for a while looking at how worn the previous mechanic couldn't be arsed

Happens a lot that. I've heard some people just use a knuckle with the socket it worked for me but was still a Barsteward. Not sure if it's the same as a classic shape impreza but have some pictures of it being changed