UK guy returning home, my journey from a 600hp WRX to a modded Forester and beyond...

binjoau

Here's another shot with a friends 12 Evo X. We installed an AMS STX400 kit into the Evo and wow is it a different animal now, running 25 psi the boost response is alarming. However it's still just slower than the STI :)

5447B20F-8F92-4366-A5E8-1882AB8F5466_zps

No thread is good without sufficient picture whoring....

5FC59F2F-A4AB-4793-B053-97761283C52C-163

• Like 1

I've had so many people ask me about that actually, it's just a simple piece of black vinyl cut carefully

you can get a fully carbon piece as a replacement which gives a similar effect

My other interest....

Just in case anyone else makes it to the range :)

not since they changed the rules and I de mobbed - had to give the toys back at the gate :(  although to be fair Matelots and firearms are not really a good combination - we are not really safe, more of a danger to ourselves than any impending threat, Marines and Army are far more qualified (safer) than we ever were :D

No problem at all with picture whoring ;) 

I have the use of Shotguns and have a tuned air rifle with Bull barrel about as close as I get now :(

Was playing on private land with a rifle like that it was a 22 good fun but scared the crap out of me when he told me the range :D

Yet again some lovely motors there fella.

there's a few companies stateside that cropped up when I was sourcing parts for my build . My Brian crower sport compact rods came from "real street performance" . I think the bad rep for U.S parts comes from the cheap Chinese copies that seem to be flooding the market (although we've got our fair share of eBay cheap chinky crap over here).

I'm running a 6speed exedy clutch (in my classic) and like the oe pedal feel .how do the act clutches feel / perform ?

as I'm hoping to exceed the exedy limits next year ;-)

I really like the ACT clutches, great pedal feel and not over sensitive on the bite. I would choose them again on my next car.

I totally agree on the cheap knock off parts, sadly there are a few companies out there who do sell such items but I avoid them like the plague. It's not worth saving a few hundred dollars / pounds to have your tolerances all out and risk losing an engine.

Again spread the word and if people need anything il be sure to do the best pricing I can, just sold another set of these gorgeous cosmis forged wheels yesterday, 12 STI in WRB, it's going to look phenomenal....

D99DB51E-34CE-43F2-8EDF-CDCA5F9952F3_zps

Hi Binjoau,

I also live in Gloucester and have just joined the forum after buying a Hawkeye STi to replace my Classic ST; which I had to sell a few years back.

I'm not sure how many others there are in the area or if there are any meets, but would be good to speak on here; as you obviously know your stuff!

Sounds good mate! I love the hawkeyes, by far my favorite model year. I'm honestly itching for another highly built Subaru but have to wait till I get back. Where in Glos do you live? Any pics of your new beauty?

In other news had a problem with the XT today, had an oil change done and noticed oil dripping from the timing belt cover. It looks as if the pcv valve froze again when I went to Brandon last week (3 1/2 hour drive). The cam seals are all pushed out from the pressure in the heads building up and being unable to escape. We will be getting them all replaced again under warranty (4th time). Sadly the weather has been switching between -2c to -45c within a few days and adding a long stint on the highway, you have moisture that just sticks the valve shut.

Pretty annoyed but should be fixed by Monday. One nice thing is il get the timing belt covered under warranty again and will pay for a new tensioner so it's not an added cost for me in a few months before we sell it. Frown upside down.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about yours; like you said bright side is free cambelt change!

I'll PM you my exact location.

No pictures yet, will put some up over next few days when I take them and get chance to upload.