Hello from intending Legacy owner

Jeronimo

Follow up from what I've read up on. I know I'm sad but no swingers parties tonight.

Right it seems the life of a car to the manufacturer is 7 years as an average. Not sure that is a good number seeing how old car's can be on the roads. But It does seem 80k is the guide point whichever comes 1st.... Not very often it's me that comes 1st, whoops dirty mind again  ;) So if thats the case I would look at having it changed. So seems like I've learned two things tonight  :D

• Like 1

Hello Select.  No problem.  I did after all use the welcome forum to ask a question and your contribution (Gambit too) has added to my knowledge.  As 2 services were done to my prospect car by non-Subaru shops, before the last one (was Subaru) I will see if I can check out whether or not the gearbox oil was changed.  The car drove fine though, I did not have any issue with the gear change.

Jerry

• Like 2

Well you guys helped as far as I'm concerned, thank you v much.

It's a good car for what I need, looks and goes OK and should be reliable.  As I do less mileage these days a newer diesel was out and the only alternative I could think of (other than another Alfa) was a Skoda Octavia FRS ........... but there ain't one around at this time.

No reflection on the forum but you possibly won't see too much of me now, unless I have any problem.

I suspect I will learn to live with wind noise.  I don't think it is that bad, but will see.

Fitting Koni FSD's is a real possibility, if they are available for this car.  It took until I'd done 90k miles in the Alfa before I bit the bullet (needed new suspension arms anyway) to do the business.  The transformation was marked and obvious and the ride (at 147k) is still fine.

I will keep you's posted, but don't hold your breath  :wacko: