Three die in fireball crash after 'Fast & Furious style high-speed race

Gambit

Witness says Subaru Impreza was fitted with a nitrous oxide kit to make it go faster

%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3-Three-killed-as-Subar

Crash scene: The crumpled wreckage of the Subaru Impreza
Jeremy Selwyn

Three people have died after the car they were travelling in crashed into a lorry and burst into flames following a "high-speed race" on London's North Circular.

The men, all believed to be in their late teens or early 20s, died after their Subaru Impreza careered across the central reservation on the A406 Bowes Road near Arnos Grove at around 12.30am this morning.

It then hit a Warburtons' bread lorry travelling eastbound in the opposite direction before catching fire.

Two men in a Vauxhall Astra also involved in the crash were taken to hospital for treatment, while the lorry driver also suffered minor injuries.

Scotland Yard confirmed they are investigating reports of a “group of cars” travelling at high speed shortly before the accident.

According to the Evening Standard, one witness suggested the Impreza car was fitted with a nitrous oxide kit to make it go faster, in the style of cars in the Fast & Furious films series.

Marios Sofianou, 47, told the newspaper how he and his parents watched helplessly as the occupants of the car burned.

"We heard a big bang. There were at least two cars that were racing, three guys in one and I think one guy in the other car.

"Then the car on the outer lane hit the middle, flew over there and hit a lorry. One car came up here unharmed.

“The three over there we had to watch them burn, it was horrible.

Both lanes of the A406 remained cordoned off until around 8.30am.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said one of the men in the Astra was arrested in his hospital bed while a second was arrested after he was discharged.

said this before that the lads down south have it easy with insurance which makes it easy to get fast cars, shame really as it stereotypes all males that want these type of cars, guessing come renewal time mine will go up now :/.

Thoughts are with the family so close to christmas

I was reading some of the comments, one was from a guy in a van who said a lot of cars was racing 

" They were racing, 2 other cars past me about 0.45on the A10, nearly blew my van over, they must have been doing more than 100mph, Alot of cars were racing last night"

I agree with the F&F reference 1st off street racing was started before those movies. And they shut roads off in the film. :)

I think in my late teens I was on my Dad's insurance for his Ford Granada Scorpio  :lol:

When I see thing's like this though always makes me think of that Top Gear episode when they was in America. They use to get the cops and firefighters to drag race with young teens if you like on tracks to keep them off the streets to race. 

I remember the TG episode - it ranks up there with the programs that get kids out of trouble and into a workshop building then racing from the tarmac up, but as they are primarily volunteer / charity orgs there are not enough of them unfortunately

• Like 1

Thats the one I have thought about getting onto to Cadwell park near me see if we can get something like that with the local authorities. But like everything else at the minute trying to get anytime free to sort out something like that :( 

I've not been dogging for weeks. I must have watched nearly every !Removed! movie on the net :D 

said this before that the lads down south have it easy with insurance which makes it easy to get fast cars, shame really as it stereotypes all males that want these type of cars, guessing come renewal time mine will go up now :/.

Thoughts are with the family so close to christmas

As for the nitrous it was more than likely a dump valve. But thanks to FnF every one thinks its nitrous going whoosh.

Sorry but you are way off with the insurance remark. My mate started with a Fiesta and that cost him 2k tpft. That was a cple of years ago. We get ripped off just as much if not more. My 1st scoob cost me £1175 my 1st year, that was when I was 33. I still pay over £500 even now at 43.

!Removed! stRt to a Christmas for all involved including the emergency rescue guys and girls. Thoughts with all the familes.

• Like 1