2006 (facelift model) dog guard in a 2003 Forester

david1972

Just a quick question really - will a dog guard taken from a 2006 Forester (facelift with sunroof) fit my 2003 Forester (with sunroof)?

The main difference I can see is that there seems to be 2 holes in the grill on the 2006 version whereas there's only 1 (for the 3rd seatbelt I presume) on the standard pre-facelift one.

This of course is assuming there were no changes to the fixing points etc as part of the facelift  :unsure:

If anyone can shed any light on this for me, that would be great  :)

Ah....are you one and the same who kindly answered my 3 questions the other day?  :D

Not had time to ring the local dealer, so thought I'd try the fountain of knowledge that lives here  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Please can somebody tell me what the normal fixings, bolts, screws are that come with one of these, and where they attach?

I've looked all over but can't find any info of use.

Thanks

i bought my Forester in Consett not that far away from Durham.

anyway the rack i had was not bolted on anything, it clamps beteen the rear wheel strud covers and the ceiling. At the top of the frame is a tube with screws to extent the tube and putting pressure so wouln'd move. not sure to explain it more and as i sold it to a guy in Hull i can't make any pictures.

you could have bought it from me at the dealer :o

i must say that the sales man, kevin told me that some local had interest in the dog guard but he didn't want to take it out. i told him that i don't want to have smelly dogs even come close to my 'new' car :huh:

still working to get the smell of; dogs, goats, sheeps, hay, mud out of my car...

• Like 1

you could have bought it from me at the dealer :o

i must say that the sales man, kevin told me that some local had interest in the dog guard but he didn't want to take it out. i told him that i don't want to have smelly dogs even come close to my 'new' car :huh:

still working to get the smell of; dogs, goats, sheeps, hay, mud out of my car...

Grrr yeah, that had been me  :(

There's another one on fleabay at the moment, so if you're saying there are no actual fixings (bolts, screws) needed I may have a dab at it  ;)

I'm guessing it would be any easy DIY fit?  :wacko:

Couple of the earlier ones are on eBay but having seen them I personally would not use one as don't like the design of loading the rubber into the roof lining as same principle as the universal ones. I made one out of meshing with some planed baton shaped as a frame in-filled with the mesh. made lower bracket off of the load cover mounting slot trim screw & upper bracket was a thin alloy bar mounted behind the rear seatbelt fitting meaning no drilling and as does not touch any trim or roof lining you get no nasty marks or rattles. Quite easy to do & used winged screws for fitting to the frame so easily removed & light/compact for storage, doubt cost me more than £20 but I had metal for brackets from offcuts so was just decent timber & mesh to buy, stained frame black as makes it blend betted to car trim & silver mesh. Dogs didn't complain :-)

• Like 1