error 99 code

hi everyone, just joined because i have error code appeared on my cd player, its the standard player fitted to the forrester 2005. it is saying cd in,   and flashing !   but i have no cd in the slot, havent used player for over a year very raely use it, any ideas how to clear error code?? cheers michael.

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

It's a common fault by the looks of it. It either need replacing. but what seems to have worked for others was taking it out and proceed Fawlty Towers style too give it a couple of whacks whilst pressing load and eject. And try again I kid you not it's worked for some others got it changed and found the newer one is almost as bad :( 

hi gambit thanks for your reply, i armed myself with an assortment of tools, grinder,  drill,  7ilb hammer, but i decided to try the  "SKY" trick first and reset the unit,  " undone batt.  terminal" left it a few mins. connected batt. again  and what do you know , the cd  mechanisim  started wirring away and reset itself, so before you use gbh on your player, try the reset first.  cheers  michael, :D  :D

• Like 1

Cool heard people have tried to do and was of no help but least it worked for you :D 

Does seem to happen more if people don't use the Cd player much and just listen to the radio, but is very common for the 99 code.