Hi Guy's

iNeoTom

Hi Guy's,

I am here to get some advice i went down the wrong road and now really regretting it :(

I made the mistake of taking the dreaded CHAV route :S as i'm used to going drift with my last two cars my RX7 and Toyota Aristo and the Impreza didn't go well at all.

Now my car now looks cheap and i hope you guy's can help me out and set me on the right track :)

Thanks for looking,

Tom

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

Feel free to share some pictures I'm sure it's not that bad either but I do find it hard to dislike any Subaru car no matter how bad it might look :D

Thanks for the welcome :)

Unfortunately you will dislike mine everyone does even me lol but here you go :)

CKKMY0Zl.jpg

1T9aDLJl.jpg

qsM8Ticl.jpg

Sorry if i offend anyone's eyes lol

Welcome to the club :)

Being honest if it were me, cosmetically I'd swap the rear wing for stock spoiler, get rid of the shark fins and change the wheels to 18".

Any plans for power mods?

Thank you very much :)

The wing is definitely going lol the shark fins might be a problem as they are bonded on:S stupid mistake on my part having that done :( and the wheels are my winter wheels as i have heard that the standard 2004 WRX can be weak and didn't want to break them.

With regards to power mods it's not too bad i got it totally 100% standard 1 owner car with full service history a rare beast :) so i decided i wanted more power so i started with a VF34 turbo, Perrin MAP sensor, Perrin 3 port boost solenoid, 3 core radiator with upgraded fans, walbro 255 fuel pump, straight through non resonated 3" exhaust with a 5 inch rear can with no silencer (had special made can be abit loud haha), stage 2 clutch and a remap done by myself :D had on rolling road and made 304.5bhp quite pleased with that :)

I have also invested in a CDB that i have just had pressure tested and converted to a rear thrust that i am going to have forged want to take my car to 420-450 and that will be enough as it is my daily driver :)

• Like 1

Get rid of the shark fins I don't mind them despite what I have read on other forums if it's good enough for the Evo's it's good enough for the Subaru :D

I like stock STI spoilers but I would say what lets that car down more is the rear wing looks out of place with out the body kit to be fair. It does look like someone has just stuck the rear spoiler on a standard car  :( I'm not slagging it off just from my view I still don't hate it but can see why a change could be a good thing :) 

drifting-subaru_460x0w_zpsb5477fa0.jpg

For me if you want to keep the spoiler it needs to shout out look at me body kit in your face stickers make it look like it's used for drifting. But if thats too much look at the STI spoiler if you are happy with the Vortex shark fins keep them I really don't think they look bad :) 

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - so to me it looks like you are crossing a couple of race styles...

my 2p if you like the spoiler go for a full GT look but that will mean more expense on a body kit and def 18" alloys as Pete has suggested.

not keen on the roof fins myself looks a bit too EVO for me - which is fine on an EVO.

They are not major mods an easily reversed and after selling the parts on you could invest in the mods Pete suggested or just the alloys, keep it clean like this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28956617@N05/4665558526

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28956617@N05/4665560084

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28956617@N05/4664933857

• Like 1

Get rid of the shark fins I don't mind them despite what I have read on other forums if it's good enough for the Evo's it's good enough for the Subaru :D

I like stock STI spoilers but I would say what lets that car down more is the rear wing looks out of place with out the body kit to be fair. It does look like someone has just stuck the rear spoiler on a standard car   :( I'm not slagging it off just from my view I still don't hate it but can see why a change could be a good thing :)

drifting-subaru_460x0w_zpsb5477fa0.jpg

For me if you want to keep the spoiler it needs to shout out look at me body kit in your face stickers make it look like it's used for drifting. But if thats too much look at the STI spoiler if you are happy with the Vortex shark fins keep them I really don't think they look bad :)

Thanks for the advice :)

I really like the Impreza Cusco SuperGT from back in the day blobeye it would just be so impractical but hellish cool ;) If i could do it and use it everyday i would :)

Cusco_Dunlop_Subaru_Impreza_2008_Fuji_GT

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - so to me it looks like you are crossing a couple of race styles...

my 2p if you like the spoiler go for a full GT look but that will mean more expense on a body kit and def 18" alloys as Pete has suggested.

not keen on the roof fins myself looks a bit too EVO for me - which is fine on an EVO.

They are not major mods an easily reversed and after selling the parts on you could invest in the mods Pete suggested or just the alloys, keep it clean like this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28956617@N05/4665558526

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28956617@N05/4665560084

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28956617@N05/4664933857

Thank you very much for your welcome :)

I'm really into the SuperGT look like the Cusco one in my post above but that might be a pipe dream lol Well over 10K just in body work alone but o well lol

I am going to try and get the roof fins removed next week lets hope it goes well :)

The car in those pictures is really nice i like the Impreza without a spoiler looks really clean thanks for the advice.

Thats Cusco is exactly the sort of thing it needs for that spoiler :)

And I can't believe the hate towards the Vortex fins :)

The spoiler was just a relic from my Aristo that never got fitted lol

If i was to go down the Cusco route i would need a taller wider spoiler like whats on it in this picture:-

130_0311_03_zoom%2B2003_subaru_impreza_s

wrt vortex fins - I like a clean look on a car - the Subaru rear windscreen bridge spoiler is more my thing.

wrt to your boot spoiler I agree with Gambit you could get away with it and a body kit but if you are going to go for it, why not go big  :) 

I thought I saw you posting on another forum how proud you were of the 'chav look' :)

Personally a low level wing and losing the sharks bits would be great. Then all you need to do is wash it :)

Ahhh yes what you have seen was me :) I was and still am proud of the chav look, more because i don't like been the same as everyone else :D just who i am lol

With regards to washing it some woman on a roundabout tonight thought she would do it with the front wing of here brand new 1 week old BMW 3 series lol but it didn't really work out for her she has scratched my passenger side rear door and rear bumper but not dented it but her car the drivers side wing was destroyed lol

Then to top it all she rang her insurance and she said to them "I have just crashed into a gentleman car and it was all my fault" :D so that was nice she admitted full liability  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Insurance, they wanted to write it off, but I managed to get them to pay me £900 and kept the car. Paid for a few bits to be done on it.

Got a lucky escape with that one would of been a shame to have written it off :(

At Least she admitted it saves a lot of ball ache Miggs is going through an Insurance battle at the minute but looks like it's getting resolved now :)

I know made my life alot easier :D feel sorry for him i hate going through things like that

• 2 weeks later...