Catalunya mystery

jonzey14

Hi guys, wondered if it was possible somebody knew why my 98 catalunya is badged as no. 203 when there was only 200 made? This is a quick history of the car. It is a totally original no paint no mods car with one owner from new. Only 71k with full history all the books and keys an straight as they come. Tried to do bit of research but the only thing I can find is they didn't badge no.13. So that should make it up to 201 to make up for 13. Any thoughts?

Again same as matt I'm not sure I know Subaru never made a 013 with their cars so if you had said 201 I would have maybe said that is why but 203 I really don't know. At a guess maybe because they make 000 upto 005 cars mostly test cars that won't get sold on the market until a lot later they might have made 206 to still have 200 cars able to be sold on the market but that is a guess. 

That sounds about the best theory so far. Was just worried at first, thought it might have been a copy but don't think anyone would go to that much trouble to copy a model that wasn't that special. Have got the original invoice also and that says catalunya 203 on it. Would just be nice to be able to explain it when some anal Impreza expert says that's no.203 and they only made 200. Ha!Ha.

There was 200 in total made. Had a look on that how many left site an there's 128 left.

Really appreciate all the input guys, new it was the right site to join.

I have nothing to add to that without it being bias :D