Exhaust question

snaill88

Dunno about newage but for classics, They do make them like that so the 2.5" end mates up with the standard downpipe and the 3" end mates up with a bigger bore aftermarket back box .

They also make 2.5" both ends for standard size set ups and 3" both ends for a full 3" turbo back .

All with either resonated or non resonated center sections (latter one being louder)

• Like 2

I had always assumed they're was the standard size and all connection points were that size and then tapered to a bigger bore. Unless the whole system was replaced with a bigger system. But always good to learn

• 1 month later...

So update on this. Waited til I got the decat down pipe and did the whole lot in one go. Fairly easy took about 4 hours. Most of the time was spent removing the heat shield lol. And the only other tricky bit was getting the bolts in from dp to centre section as they are spring loaded. Apart from that fairly simple. Loads of annoying little bolts that you don't see until you try and pull the pipe out and realise it won't move. Now has a much nicer sound to it and much better response. Now to save for the remap

• Like 1

I learnt hard way that a exhaust are different on each model. Got a wrx decat down pipe. Fitted it to my UK turbo only to find the flange was at a different angle. Your right about it being a mine field and loads of options

• 2 months later...

2004 wrx blobeye. Standard down pipe with cat, next part is the cat ? I've took the cat off and put a decat there, next is the middle section, this is standard and has a silencer in ? If I replace this will she make much more noise ? I then have a pro drive back box, I assume this will fail on emissions test ?

Thanks

It'll be louder but it ain't too loud. I'm running full decat no silencers from turbo to back box and it's fine. And it will probably fail emissions unless you're lucky lol. I've heard of some that don't. You jus gotta have a friendly mot guy lol.