Throttle body cleaning

Got my inlet off to paint it but wanting to clean the throttle body up while uranium off what would u reccomend using? And should I take rails and fuel pipes off before I paint it or can I leave them on and tape the the holes up thanks

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Oh sorry thought I had replied to this. I used carb cleaner and an old toothbrush to clean the throttle body. But going with Seafoam when I do an oil change next. 

As for painting I would remove them myself, but Savage might have done his without the need of removing anything. 

Completely stripped my inlet even though it was already powder coated as the idiot that had fitted it to scoob had used clear sealant instead of gaskets.

Glad I did strip it as it was full of beads and grit from the shot blasting prior to powder coat , so I had it run through my engineers hot wash ,guess I know why his engine went bang and I ended up with a powder coated inlet for a score ;-)

Anyways I cleaned my throttle body with old school gunk and a tooth brush , used a dremmel with a little wire brush to give it a shine and polished it with autosol .Then wiped the inside with petrol and re oiled the moving parts

• Like 1