stereo fitting

Husky11

Hi, just wondering how hard it is to fit a new Stereo into my 2004 forester going for a double din is it just a matter of a couple of plugs plus wiring harness as Halfords charge £30 to fit l'd rather do it myself to save money then i've got more to spend on Stereo & maybe speakers, any advice appreciated thanks:)

I got an auto electrician to do mine....the whole centre console needs taking out mate, so wouldn't trust halfrauds with it fella.

I had my single din replaced like for like and Bluetooth mic installed for £35. Greasy job he did too, but wouldn't have fancied it myself, having watched him do it.

Hope that helps, if only to not use the afore mentioned motor factor

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks for reply's i might have a go as i can get the plastic surround of easy enough so i'll have a look at the plugs on the Stereo as long as i dont need to cut wires i should b ok that could be famous last words better keep the kids out the way as there might b a few choice words:) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Stereo all fitted looks good will try & work out how to post pics only took about 20 mins as it's only 2 plugs glad I didn't pay to have it fitted didn't fit flush at first then I realised that there's different holes on the bracket changed them now fits perfect:)

• Like 1

will do the same soon but still unsure to buy the doule din pod and fit my avic-ft700 in there as i need space for my kenwood 2m/70cm rig too ;)

(if all done sure will post some pics)

• Like 1