Turbo timer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HKS turbo Timer (Type 0)
It allows you to set a predetermined time that the car will run-on for after the key is removed from the ignition. This allows the turbo to cool down and the fans to run to dissipate the heat. Also, the oil fed through the turbo will cool off and prevent the oil from coking and seizing the turbo.

HKS Turbo Timer (Type 1)
In addition to the functions of the type 0 TT, type 1 adds two memories (for timer "on" time) and a 4-digit LCD display that can measure vehicle speed/peak speed, a speed warning, RPM (w/peak hold), RPM warning (for shift-light or red zone applications), interval/lap timer, as well as 60', 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and 0-60 MPH time.

Essentially the type 1 has more functions and costs more, I wanted one for the functions but couldn't justify spending £90+ more than I did on my apexi style one.

• 2 weeks later...

Easy to install and plenty of guides out there. I gave a brief description earlier in this post. Really simple. Can get them off eBay for cheap like me. Make sure you get the harness. Saves splicing a lot of wires. Mine is an apexi style which was £12 and the harness was about £14. So cheap as well.

Stripped wires back will I get away with twisting whole lot together and tapering it or will I have to match colours and twist each individual wire together for it to work attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1396734520.329995.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wire and solder them individual and tape each one individual too, then tape them all together for extra strength?

And thanks Pommy I've just had a good read through it, and had a quick look online for the HKS Type 1 and I think it has a harness that uses the push start. I've contacted the seller just to be 100% though.

Easy to install and plenty of guides out there. I gave a brief description earlier in this post. Really simple. Can get them off eBay for cheap like me. Make sure you get the harness. Saves splicing a lot of wires. Mine is an apexi style which was £12 and the harness was about £14. So cheap as well.

How did you get one for £12??

do you have a link to it at all and is it any good?