2008- STi rear RED OVERLAYS

salsa-king

DSC_0489_zps3585f7e1.jpg

these are Premiumautostyle rear red overlays for the 2008- sti hatch, I've imported a few sets and have a couple of sets left over.

they are £30 including P&P (sign for delivery) PayPal will be fine. these will be sent out in a a3 size hard backed envelope.

a how to fit guide is on youtube, search for premiumautostyle rear overlay fitting 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pete,

the set I'm sending you today have more 'bleed' on them for the side clusters, just check they look the same red as what you have, or re do all with this new set. 

did you fit one and mess up, or had you already done them and messed up on one part of it?

yep I know, :)

I didn't have a problem with mine as it stretches as you give it a bit of heat. But after what was said I did ask Dan to give some more bleed to it and he added about an inch. 

Can you work with it easier?

Got one side done. So much easier with a hair dryer. Took about an 1 1/2 a side.

Much easier using a hair dryer and even being in the sun helped to keep the vinyl supple.

Before.

81742511-C716-4602-B1AA-DB3484F5231F_zps

After. Yes it does need a clean

863FD647-CA8E-4C7F-A004-8893E04708E6_zps

0C8F0BF9-B441-4F73-A1D7-122A98444F7B_zps

• Like 3

Pete, they look really good. How did you manage wrapping over the top edge? I struggled.. not 100% happy how I did mine.. it was 20 past midnight, so fed up and tired... took me all evening and two sets of over lays :(

see you sunday?

Pete, they look really good. How did you manage wrapping over the top edge? I struggled.. not 100% happy how I did mine.. it was 20 past midnight, so fed up and tired... took me all evening and two sets of over lays :(

see you sunday?

What I did was get the main part done over the bumps and curves and I left about an inch unstuck from the edge of the light.

Then in small sections (about an hands width) I heated and stretched it out towards the edges and used the squeegee to push out towards the edge and fold the vinyl down behind the light. Last thing I did was to give the whole thing a blow over with the hair dryer which seemed to shrink it back a bit for a really good fit.

The only place I really had trouble with was the bottom corner of the large light above the wheel arch. Not really happy that I got enough bleed tucked behind it. I was quite lucky in that I was able to get most of the vinyl tucked down behind the lights and didn't need to cut too much off. Also where the soap solution dried on the inside of the vinyl has left a cple of smears on the inside.

Weirdly I found the 1st side easier to do than the 2nd one and also easier than the 1st time I tired a few months ago.

• 1 month later...