Sheffield Subaru service??

dezmond_vr6

hi mate, excellent place, there are a few write ups from people that have visited him :) check the service section, we also hold our monthly meet there, why not pop down to meadowhall retail park at 7:30 tonight

Martins spot on mate I do a 158 mile round trip to let him work on my car. Blue-Print itself isn't bad stuff they used to make parts for Mazda themselves before going on to making parts for all makes and models I have used many of their part's inc every time I do an Oil filter change I use these filters and never had a problem. Yes you can buy better belts and better parts but for the price the parts blue print make are spot on. 

it is - but if you would like a different brand belt let Martin know and he will source one no problem - obviously a more expensive belt will impact the overall charge to yourself but you will have peace of mind :)

Blueprint make their products to match OME or better so more than capable of holding out they did all of Mazdas cars for over 10 years and now do many high performance cars in the States as well as the Japanese. Dayco also do one to OME standards

But could look at these excellent belts Cosworth Kevlar

ADL kits is all we ever use & belts are better than many, tensioners/idlers are all the same as all come from same single & only manufacturer. ADL parts are from selected manufacturers & mostly japanese sourced so sometimes parts are coming from OEM sources & generally quality is very very good for the price.

• Like 2

Thanks pal. Last thing then. If I get a cosworth belt say. Do I need there tensioners and pimp or will blueprint be good. I'm new to it all just want it right but can't afford will money as it all went on the car. Lol

No worries at least you want the best for the car and I'm sure not one person here at some stage of getting the car wasn't worried about something :) 

I'm all booked on for next Wednesday cheers guys. Day out in meadow hall while it's been done lol. More expense if our lass comes haha

Haha yeah I went on my own for that reason but walking round for about 4 hours :( had dinner in Nandos and a crafty cider. Still not sure what all the hype is about that place overpriced for mediocre food  :)

martin is a great guy, I've known him about 4 years. very helpful and he's one of the few that won't have your pants down

for servicing, a few of us buy the oil we want and martin uses that and charge us less (some people have preferred brands)

I'm sure he won't have a problem if you want to buy your own belt, but not sure how the warranty would work if an item supplied by you failed???

He has on the receipts he won't guarantee parts you bring to him. But I think thats fair enough he didn't supply it and I've not known him that long but know he wouldn't rip anyone off :) 

• Like 1

Ok guys cheers I'll just let him use what he uses. Figured can't be that bad if he uses them. Last thing he wants is ppl goin back with bad feedback.

Jesus man I dnt need to no bout these cars needing rebuilds lol. How much is that costing :(

As for oil what oil do they use there and what do u all use?

Thanks.

The engines are very reliable, don't worry about a rebuild. There are loads with over 100k on the clock.

There are a lot of reasons that engines fail, owners that use 95 ron fuel, or fit performance parts without a remap, or just rag it from cold.

If it has been looked after and has FSH, always run on 99 Ron fuel and warmed up before ragging it, it should be fine

If you read my welcome post you would understand why mine is in for a rebuild.

As for the other one that turned up and drove it like an !Removed! without warming it up and then wondered why it let go.

What you need to remember is this, you dont just jump straight into s*x do you ?? need to foreplay first, same for a scooby, you cant just go in guns or its not going to be a happy car :).

turbo timer is a must i would say, but make sure you have a decent alarm otherwise you will still end up sat it car while its on.

On modern turbos with water & oil cooling & quality synthetic oils turbo timers are almost pointless. If you spanked it to death or just come off a track run then a little running time before turned off is not a bad thing for the rest simply not worth it. Some alarms outputs can be set to run timed circuit etc so can control a run timer if setup to, seen this done on clifford & autowatch alarms.