Sheffield Subaru service??

dezmond_vr6

Another thumbs up for martin, it's a 70 mile round trip for me but I'd not take her anywhere else just because of the service I received from him even before I was a paying customer with his help over the phone just after I purchased the car

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I love the Nur Spec R exhaust but not cheap I think with exhausts it's the sound I have a straight thru on the Bugeye and a 3inch with cats on the Blobeye 

The bug sounds like a Nur spec R but cheaper 

If you're going to get rid of the cats a re mapp would be needed to remove the ECU light for the sensors 

You can use Resistors for the ECU light which is cheaper I think it's ok if you are going to do other mods that will need a remap later. And yes you should see HP gains with removing them not sure how much more. But more air in and more unrestricted air out in theory should always give you more power. 

If you remove the cats you'll need to put them back on at mot time or find yourself an understanding mot tester,

If it's more volume just change the back two sections and don't bother with the map, if you really want to go for it it's gonna cost near enough a grand for a full turbo back and remap, I take it your gonma need an ecutek map for your model ?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Had a good experience at Sheffield Subaru service thanks guys. Seems they don't recommend a dump valve as they had seen so many with problems losing boost pressure and hesitating on idle or acceleration among other stuff. As fur exhaust he also recommended not doing anything with it not even the back box unless I'm getting it mapped as u have no idea what it's doin with under/over furling because of back pressure and other stuff that may change how the car runs. Looks like it's staying the same might have to just put dump valve on and hope I dnt get these problems. But leave the exhaust completely alone and put up with how it looks :(

I would say it would depend on the DV, there are many replicas out there, my mate has a replica TIAL on his EVO 6 and i warned him of the danger, he gets loss of boost pressure at 25 psi should be boost to 26.

As for the exhaust, YAY and NAY, its rare tbh that you would get many issues, probably just run a little rich, if you got the decat then fair enough, however ive ran both my bug eye and Skyline on decats before getting mapped and they where alright tbh, Glad you had a great experience should get yourself to the next meet.

Glad to hear it mate their spot on. Both Scoobs in the garage have been fine with DV ut I do know some cars don't like them some people don't like them either to that matter. As stanton said before it will fail the MOT without a cat on unless you find a good place to get the MOT done. Bloke I use doesn't mind stuff like that as long as the cars safe for use, it's just finding someone :)

My last blob had a forge dump valve fitted, it always had hesitation on gear change, even had it mapped and it wasn't much better. My new blob has the standard recirc fitted and it's spot on, no hesitation and very smooth. Imo I wouldn't fit the dv.

I fitted a cat back on my last blob and then had it checked on the rollers and fueling was fine.

Every car is different, so you could get different results to me

its actually the Skyline mate, driving along and its dropped to mani studs :( so had to rent a right angle drill and pleaded for them to get me in, i do however have my intercooler, boost solenoid and fuel pump to take to him, maybe the scooby fairies will put it back together for me :)

I would come to a meet mate bits it's a long way. I'm spent up at the minute. As for the DVD I'll be buying a new hks one hopefully it will be ok. The exhaust tho. He mentioned if it runs to rich because of it or starvs it then it does 2 different things to the engine depending on which it's doin fuel wise. I'll listen to him as he knows more than me been a mechanic. If I get the cash to map it then I might get a system and map in the future. Cheers for help guys been helpful.

• Like 1