impreza 1998 window motor install ( UPDATE )

oldmanscooby

one of the jobs needed when i recently got my 98 impreza non turbo was to replace window motor

sourced one and will be fitting soon

prior to just taking door card off was asking for any advice and info that will make this job straight forward

mechanically minded but having never owned a subaru just being cautious

Take some pics and a brief run through would be good. I'm looking at changing the little pad thing thats in there somewhere it's supposedly the cause of the scratches on the window.

I'd like to see whats what before taking the door card off.

I take it the mechanism is a scisor action as opposed to cables?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

to get door card off im assuming detach door lever and screw and gently prise off plastic caps with careful consideration to window switch assembly in door card etc

havent touched it yet as was hoping someone as experience just in case theres something i need to know not been with the subaru long

I think there is a screw in the door handle part you use to shut it with when sat inside the car. I know when I changed the speakers wasn't a massive job to take off might even find it's a wire thats snapped that's stopping it from working yet :) 

have sourced secondhand window motor but when you press switch you hear a noise like the electric current is getting to themotor but nothing else happens so my plan was straight replacement of motor ( weather and commitments permitting this week )

Been reading about this and people have said beware of a small strip of metal attached to the inside of the door card, it seems that it's still attached even after you've unclipped and uncrewed everything else

After getting the old window motor off and refitting < eBay refurb unit > i find out the eBay special doesnt work

A good afternoons experience but ive had to put a piece of wood inside door frame temp measure to keep the glass up

crazy thing is i tested the motor i took off and it winds one way which is only up

is this motor repairable or bite the bullet and get a brand new one