what engine to replace mine

bazza

i have 1994 turbo wr import i am looking for engine replacement and wonder if a like for like is way to go rather than get complicated ....i have £1500 to get engine and fitted  all in any feed back on this is welcome im looking for engine replacment for my import wr turbo 1994 i have money no problem need good reliable engine clean trouble free anyone advice me im in canterbury do i get like for like or what any advice will be nice

Give savage a pm here don't know if his engine is still availble, but has all the power you were looking for previously :-)

That is exactly what I was going to put - he has a robust 6 speed gearbox to match if you can stretch to it

he is also not too far from you

Could try api although a rebuild will cost 1200 plus vat for standard parts,

Savage was offering a good motor for a good price for your budget you could get it mapped too, no need to run it at it max bhp, as you already have the fmic and what not its a sure fire way to get at least 300bhp from it,

Whats the garage said regarding your engine ?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the garage malarky baz :-(

There's a bit of info on this thread

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/5452-classic-bits/#entry33443

about what engine will fit yours and the v1 sti cdb I've got for sale .

it's still in my brvs scoob (so can be driven /heard running) as I've not advertised it anywhere else yet cos we're both to busy to start stripping it .

Could supply the whole engine , turbo , injectors ,exedy clutch so you'd just have to drop it in ;-)

We're in no hurry to sell it but if you are interested drop me a pm and mabye you can pop over hear it running and wait a couple of hrs while we take it out then take it with you .

clive

Have mentioned it in other thread but Bazza if it was me I would take the time and have a look - just ignore the gearbox price as I believe that is miss leading you