engine change

robbo

hi all... i've got a impreza  2.0 turbo on a 95, i've had to change the engine and the one i got is a 97.. trouble is i've had to use my old wiring loom for plugs etc... it started once and ran for approx 30 seconds then cut out.... i've put new cam and crank sensors in but nothing, it turns over and thats it, any help  would be grateful 

You might have to do some research on this but I seem to remember the Pin- out's on the ECU for the Crank and Cam position sensors are swapped on the later ECU. Are you running your original ECU? 

Like i said, you would have to do a bit of research on this and it doesn't explain why it ran for 30 secs before cutting out. 

thanks gambit, hi bip yes still running the same ecu, bought the engine from a scooby fanatic down south and he said they where the same until the 98 model where there is more teeth on the crank sprocket so he said..... i've checked the part numbers on my 95 and its the same as the 97 lump i've put in,i'll keep trying lol  :huh: