First post as new member

Parteepro

I bought my 2nd subaru sti 2 weeks ago and decided to take it for a health check so travelled an hour to zen performance.

I had a oil change and spark plugs replaced, Richard the technician was top class he treats it like it's his own and is so careful looking over it and giving a full report as he goes.

Despite me just having a oil and filter change plus spark plugs the car drives !Removed! lovely now

Definitely worth a try I shall always take it there as long as I still own it.

Ok now for my first post: my car is fitted with a clifford g5 alarm, not sure if it's the a&k arm or a Tracker I had fitted but for some bizarre reason I'm having several electrical problems.

1 boot randomly opens it seems to be when I'm in reverse then move gear lever into 1st....bonkers

2 when I press key to unlock the passenger door opens but none of the other, I must have to open/close/open/close 5 times before I can get in

Can anyone help thanks

Hey mate and welcome to the club.

Glad you found somewhere goo to get work done and that its driving well. I found the same when I did the first oil and plugs change.

Unless you know what your doing with the alarm I would take it to an auto electrician, nothing worse than buggering the alarm, and if it has an immobilizer you could be left stranded. Did you get it fitted yourself or was it the previous owner? If you know who fitted it I would take it to them and get them to fix the problem that they caused. I don't have a Clifford alarm but haven't heard any stories like that before.

Welcome to the club

If you had the alarm fitted, speak to the installer, it just sounds like a couple of wires mixed up. If you didn't, I would get an auto electrician to have a look, especially if your not experienced with auto electrics, needle and haystack spring to mind

Cheers guys what a helpful and friendly bunch you are,

Update in electrical faults

Tracker came out today and told me the 1st installer had wired it incorrectly and also put it in the wrong place, so far all problems have disappeared fingers crossed they don't rear their heads again

Key still only opens drivers door, but was told that that's the way key is programmed but may be able to re programme it has anyone got experience of this or is it a trip to main dealer.

Got to have all discs replace and pads whats a good set up that's not costly

Once again appreciate all feedback

• Like 1

There's is nothing wrong with the central locking.

The key and opening doors is a nightmare.

In their infinite wisdom Subaru decided to make the central locking a two stage process.

You have to press the button a 2nd time as soon as the indicator has stopped it's flash.

There's is a knack to it, if you are too early ie when the indicator is still on, it will lock itself again. If you are too late with the 2nd press after the indicator has gone off it will lock itself again.

After 14 months of ownership I still haven't mastered it. You can't reprogram it either, I contacted Subaru when I 1st got the car. As I thought it was faulty aswell.

• Like 1