mmm is there a temp sensor i dont no about

bazza

just a thought would the coolant temp sensor only be for the temp gauge is there a separate one for ecu possibly to tell my fans to stop and start as they keep going wont stop i have removed thermostat at mo as thought that was  problem........1994 import turbo

that better

just a thought would the coolant temp sensor only be for the temp gauge is there a separate one for ecu possibly to tell my fans to stop and start as they keep going wont stop i have removed thermostat at mo as thought that was  problem........1994 import turbo

Still can't see but managed to read off email.

Fans usually controlled by a thermo switch, that tells them to cycle on and off. Its normally located on or near the thremostat housing, should look like a brass nut with wires coming off it.

I'd check this as may be faulty, normally when dead they don't come on at all. Maybe it's an earthing issue, maybe check your fuses too before changing the switch

Temp sensor is behind the alternator on the water cross over pipe (ally pipe that the rad top hose conects to on the block end)

I have heard of another fault that causes the fans to run constantly give it a google bud

how did you get on with the coolant refill baz ?