first time scooby owner west midlands

Hi to all names josh and in 23. recently bought my first Scooby, a 1998 Impreza turbo. I am looking for local owners in my area ( Walsall, west mids ) if you are local drop ne a message ! Loving the motor has few mods including full decat turbo back exaust, induction kit, hks turbo timer, forge bov was told when i bought the car it was remapped and i had done some google'ing and it still has the standard 8s ecu and i am LED to belive this ecu is not mappable. Anyway i could go on and on think ill leave it at that lol.

Not sure about the ECU mapping capabilities myself but I believe that a re-map will be the best with a decat otherwise you could face problems in the future. But I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along soon enough

Yes i hear this year model isn't mappable unless you have an esl daughterboard installed ?? I am planning on getting either an apexi power fc or alcatek standalone asap

I know some aren't mappable and I remember reading the same when buying mine which is part of the reason I went for a W plate. And I believe you do have to get a daughterboard installed which is why lots of people replace it with a different mappable ECU. Heard good things about both apexi and alcatek. Might be worth starting a separate thread about it in the Impreza area.

You need to use something like Photobucket mate. It's free to make an account up and you get 10gig of space, you upload the picture there and once done click on it the picture and it should give you some options on the side you need the direct link, it will automatically copy it and you come back here above the reply section is a square tree looking thing click that and a window will open paste the link in that press ok the forum does the rest the picture should show up like this 

aecc8d64f17ce8a19b3892c4dbc3532c5140b3dc

Welcome along. The only way to map a standard ecu of that age is to have a daughterboard fitted and then mapped. I think alcatek is probably the cheaper option, although ive never done a comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to reply last night but forum went down again for whatever reason I was waiting to hear why it did the 1st time. But yeah as I said last night looks nice mate another Godzilla :) 

Hi, did you work out if the car had been remapped ? Having the standard ecu in place may mean it has had the esl treatment.

Normally the mapper will bring an identical ecu with the daughterboard swap it then map the new ecu. You could always take the top off to have a look,

Agree with jay nice colour very distinctive :-)

IM not sure if it has to be honest mate i need to get it on the rollers. All i know is it sticks along side my brother Leon cupra r running 250bhp so not sure what to think