Hi to all, new to soc and in need of some advice. Got a new toy and she's under the weather at the mo,

She's a gb270 '07 and has just started to run very lumpy,also not liking to idle very well. When limping her home the engine management light came on so a bit worried to say the least. Would be grateful for any advice as i know there are many out there with more experience. many thanks Bandit. 

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

I would say your best bet is getting the codes read it will give you an answer to the problem. But bad idling can be sparkplugs MAFS be a few things mate so if you have a mate why has one of the Bluetooth dongles and the Torque pro app to read the codes we will be able to help better from that. still some guess work most codes can have multiple fixes but least it narrows it down :( 

Thanks for the replys,Had it four months now and its been spot on.Got it off a dealer full history 37thou on clock it only started today? its not missed a beat till now, no warning lights before! strange.    

No worries mate just pull the wires off the Maf with the engine running it should stall if the engine carries on running I would say it's looking like a MAFS problem. but worth reading the codes still might have a few faults :(

Has it had an oiled filter put in that will be the course if it has 

hi all,had codes read.

1st p0102

2nd p0172 

3rd p0113

whats the verdict? im going to fit a new maf on thursday! fingers crossd, but would like to hear you're views on the matter!!!!!

thanks mate, im hoping this sorts it as im not a happy bunny at the mo!!! :angry:  IF all goes to plan and she's sorted im wanting to be down at prodrive on sunday :) fingers crossed.

Oh believe me I'm in the same boat. More annoying is if I had sorted the car before I would have been alright. But put it off to do the work in one go and it's cost me some days out this year :(