2005 Forrester Sunroof problem

donbrame

The sunroof on my Forrester will not retract due to the glass not dropping on one side . I have tried cleaning the runner and greasing but no joy. Last year it kept stopping when closing and I had to keep repressing the button.

Any ideas ,also can anyone recommend a good independent garage as near to Windsor where I can take the car for service and repair ?

Cheers

Hi mate welcome to the forums. And I can't give you a fix to your problem, but have you had a look to see if there is any damage maybe on the side that's not dropping down, like a little bit of plastic has snapped off and sat on the runners.

Wotcha and welcome - unfortunately same here - no sunroof - as Gbit says compare one side to the other look for something broken or bent

Had a similar problem on an old car I had and found out that when my sunroof was open a small stone somehow got stuck in the runner . and with open and closing the roof only pushed it further back into the runner had to remove sunroof and clean the runners and must admit it was a pain in the but to do

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Hey guys, I made a real **** video explaining how i fixed this problem

https://youtu.be/YlQ3jTIFJPE

Long story short, if you pull it apart, there is a puller that is broken and so it cant pull the sled that lowers the corner of the moonroof. make a hole, put a paperclip piece in it, glue it, and it fixed it for me...

• 3 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 8:26 AM, pumpisland said:

Long story short, if you pull it apart, there is a puller that is broken and so it cant pull the sled that lowers the corner of the moonroof. make a hole, put a paperclip piece in it, glue it, and it fixed it for me...

I have the same problem just had the glass out and cleaning around that area.

okenof the sliders doesn’t drop when retracting. 
Can the whole part be removed easily? I should be able to find a second hand one and swap over if it can.

thanks 

On 8/26/2020 at 11:26 PM, pumpisland said:

👍🏻

That sounds about right to me.