Side light conversion led strip

I want to convert my side lights to Audi style LED strip. Preferably on bottom of headlight. How do I do this? If its ridiculously difficult who can do it? And is it possible to convert to on with ignition drl style?

if you want then to come on with side lights just run leads from your existing side light circuit.

if you want DRL then you will need to find or run a supply that becomes live when ignition is turned on then have leads from that.

neither are particularly hard solutions if you are handy with a multimeter to find the circuits and a soldering iron sort the joins however you will need to be aware of what fuses protect those existing circuits and the power drain of teh lights you are connecting in place as the current fuses in place may not be big enough.

Thanks jay appreciate the response. How difficult are the light units to separate to put strip behind the lens? Or is it easier to put outside lens. I would prefer to have them behind the lens. Think it would look a hell of a lot cleaner.

Thanks jay appreciate the response. How difficult are the light units to separate to put strip behind the lens? Or is it easier to put outside lens. I would prefer to have them behind the lens. Think it would look a hell of a lot cleaner.

Had a friend do angel eyes on his 08 STI, don't know the exact details, he mentioned it involves baking the light in the oven to separate the lens from the unit.

Yeah you have to put the light unit in the oven at a moderate heat to melt the glue but not to hot as to melt the plastic and pull the 2 halfs apart it sounds a bit risky but its pretty easy to do then heat it up again on refitting the 2 parts together you doint need extra glue as thair is plenty already on the unit just press firmly together then some tape to hold together till the unit cools down . Then you can send in some pictures to make us all jealous ... lol

Have found a good guide on full process of aplitting lights, including recommended oven temps. On scooby net, not sure about rules governing promoting another forum.

Pretty sure can just adapt a little to fit LED strip light.

http://m.scoobynet.com/showthread.php?t=916883&styleid=25

Worth a look for the mod this guy has done alone.

That's the sort of look I want once fitted. Looking good. Once I finally work up courage to start pulling the lights apart ill post pics of process.

Seen it done with a motorbike unit - put it in glass side down otherwise the plastic melts to the metal baking tray - it was in at 150 degrees for 8 minutes