P0519 - ICV assistance

Petrolhead159

No worries, I looks like it sits towards the rear of the gear box and plugs in if you have access to a ramp maybe worth seeing if its damaged or has become loose. It's a little brown plug. It's a plug and play part so I'm sure if it gets worse and you can get it you could prob change it yourself

• 2 weeks later...

update, ordered a new Neutral Safety Switch from Subaru for shy of £70
just waiting for it to come in as I've been away for a week.

something I've noticed, CEL mainly comes on with normal road driving, it often switches itself off again when I'm driving off road (which at the moment is daily) with the variation on using the Low/High Range box, as I'm rattling along field margins the amount of vibrations I'm getting could suggest that its resetting the NSS…fingers crossed!

Down side…I'm considering getting a pickup as I'm working the Forester fairly hard at the moment & don't want to kill it (its only a consideration at the moment)

Down side…I'm considering getting a pickup as I'm working the Forester fairly hard at the moment & don't want to kill it (its only a consideration at the moment)

have had a couple my self; L200 & Hilux. they are workhorses and may be better for the job you do? but they will drive like trucks (as they are) and are bigger. i did found that the tub by times wasn't that practical as they are actually not that big. especially when transporting long things.

me with a Ranger  :lol:

post-1873-0-23332300-1409317607_thumb.jp

• Like 1

ha ha! brilliant, love the Ranger photo.

I drive my Forester like a truck, normally cruise about 10mph below the stated speed limits anyway & have never given it a good thrashing…so I've basically been easing myself into truck mode :-)

The Forester has been a damn good vehicle & comfy too

rather strange, since i have been considering changing vehicles I changed my petrol to standard 95 RON (was using BP higher grade which i think is 97) & my CEL rarely comes on now.

I have the new NSS which I will be changing this evening/tomorrow (just because i have the new one really).

Neutral Safety Switch has been fitted for a few days, took 30mins to fit & seems to have done the job, so all appears to be good.  :D

Thanks for everybody's help & suggestions particularly stants…appreciate it!

I am in the process of trading it in for a Mitsubishi L200 as i feel that i will kill my Forester with the work i am doing, It has been a good 2 years & a fantastic introduction to AWD & playtime in the muddy stuff.
I will be doing the change this coming saturday.