coilover pro's & cons

2nd gen saloon coilovers should fit, worth email BC & see if actually list for Forester SF.

Best solution is 2nd gen Impreza wrx saloon original struts (even top hats off these fit fine & not as old which plus point when buying used)

Impreza shocks are shorter in terms of rod stroke compressed & extended & drop a forester quite a bit.

Main issue with this route is you will need test fit & measure on standard springs then get custom springs made to get rear sitting higher as saloon & even wagon rear springs are too soft/short on forester.

Custom rear springs would be about £120 a pair so if you find decent set of original shocks complete from someone who swapped to coilovers you may get it done for under £400.

You will need quality alignment once done & don't go stupidly low as geometry/handling will be ruined.

• Like 1

Www.subaruforesterparts.co.uk have them listed with 6kgm front and 5kgm rear. Bc will do them to what ever rate youd like but will cost more as everyone else is offering discounts.

Www.scoobyparts.co.uk has a full range of spring rates to order so if you can find somone with a set willing to give you a test ride you could order yiur desired setup for discount

Any good discounts on BC through SOC & a retailer ?

I would go 5kg/mm front & 4kg/mm rear at most, BC not cheapest but if shop about should get at £660 to £680 easy enough & if have retailer on here hopefully even better than that.

The plus with BC is they will supply custom rate springs at no extra charge, also they quite helpful with spare parts & servicing unlike lower cost options.

Cheapest & best road use option but not simplest due to needing faff around sorting custom springs is impreza strut swap.

Simplest in terms of bolt on & adjustment to requirement is coilovers but without sensible springs & setup it would be a back breaking buckaru :-S

Haha sorry mate I took on on friday before I left of the old set up, but not had chance to go in and take an after shot, took one at home last night but it's not on level ground so can't really tell the difference,

Can see it lower on front after & sitting level.

Would assume pedders base their lowered forester kit on shorter stroke impreza shocks.

Will be keeping my eye open for a tidy 99/2000 SF turbo in red or green :-)

Standard 16" with 60 profile tyres, It's coming down lower now the springs are bedding in :-D

Drove to hull yesterday with baby and associated items, managed 34mpg which is th best I've ever had so shows that I was loosing drive due to crap springs

• Like 1

Hopefully simon at jolly green, he's up in Sheffield next month and I'm working on a plan to release some funds, trouble with mine is it needs an esl board grafting onto the ecu as the 97-98 cars can't be remapped by flashing the ecu .grrrr

• Like 1