Clutch has started slipping

Rick 2014

On way back from my missus dads house with the kids in car and the clutch started slipping in third gear on the slip rd going to motorway <_< .Im off for a week on the 13th of October so I will change it then.Clutches are cheaper than Fords clutches from what ive seen :lol:

I'd steer away from paddle clutches for a daily driver as you'll burn them out trying to pull away sensibly .as they're made for just "dumping" off the clutch rather than pulling away

Just so happens I've got a couple of 5 speed exedy pink box anti judder stage 2 clutches for sale , which are good for 400hp with oe peddle feel [emoji6]

• Like 1

I'd steer away from paddle clutches for a daily driver as you'll burn them out trying to pull away sensibly .as they're made for just "dumping" off the clutch rather than pulling away

Just so happens I've got a couple of 5 speed exedy pink box anti judder stage 2 clutches for sale , which are good for 400hp with oe peddle feel [emoji6]

What sort of money are we talking here.Im not changing it till the end of the month

• 3 months later...

My forester cluch been slipping for past month. Still driving ok as long as I take it easy. To change clutch on uk forester takes 5.5 hours. Should be about £550 including exedy clutch and labour.

Note: does not include flywheel if needed. Which is around £270 or so, I believe

How long did it take to change rick? mines just started slipping

To be honest I could have done it in a day in my garden on my back using jack and axle stands.I had a weeks holiday so I dragged it out and did a little each day.I went with a paddle clutch a 6 puk and after say 600 miles of bedding in it runs just the same as a normal clutch only I can launch it with no worries