The Evil Within....

Anyone picked this up? Thoughts?

I bought it for PC... and can't help but feel it's a little gimped...

Locked at 30fps and has an aspect ratio of 2.35:1? These can be remedied with console commands but still can't shake the feeling that it's a shoddy/lazy port... Virtually unplayable with KB + mouse...

This is only my impressions after 30 minutes... maybe once I've gotten into it I will start to shine.... in a !Removed! way :D

If I had a next gen console I would have opted for it... no way in hell was I buying the PS3 version, can't stand playing games in 720p!!

Going to install it tonight on my gaming PC as opposed to my laptop and see how it is, maybe after a patch and use a controller it will be perfectly fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm playing it on my PC it runs at a solid 60fps but it can drop, which is poor as the graphics are nothing special... in fact, some of the textures are just down right nasty...

As for the game itself, it's a 6/10 for me. It just feels like a spookier Resident Evil game... They've even re-used some of the sound effects for the monsters from RE4!!

Completed this now. And Wow where do I start ?

The game does the whole keeping you on edge and a sense of fear very well, maybe the best in this type of genre. But thats it, it gets very repetitive as you stumble around not knowing what you're doing, as you get killed and have to repeat it until you can move on, I had to look online a few times to figure out a few things as I had got lost. The story gives nothing away even at the end I'm still unsure what it was all about. If you don't have to pay for it worth a go if you can borrow it but wouldn't recommend it :(

Apparently the new alien game isolation does the tension thing extremely well in that you can't kill the alien, you have to avoid it but it randomly roams the area so you never know where it's coming from even if you played it before. You could hide in a cupboard one go and it walks past, next time it'll drag you out. Supposed to be very much like the original alien film with regards the tension. Might be Worth a look, supposed to be better than Evil Within for building tension.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I've got it don't think my PC likes it I had the glitch problem when you start if you get dressed before speaking to that guy the door stays locked so restarted got past that bit6 then it crashed my PC. So might have another go later but I hadn't restarted the PC after install which I know is a bit of a sin :)