Help with my classic impreza gearbox???

Hi, just wondering if anyone can fill in the blanks for me as I'm really confused with different advice from different mechanics...

Basically I have this week developed a third gear issue with my impreza... (Think iv broke the synchro)... Looking a replacement box but some people telling me the codes have to match up and some saying it can be any box from a classic impreza...

My car is a 95 "m reg" import wrx

My gearbox code is TY752VB3FA

If anyone on here can tell me which other code boxes I can use to replace this and if anyone knows anyone with a reasonable priced gearbox... Don't mind travelling as long as it's not to far from Leeds West Yorkshire...

Would really much appreciate some help on this!

Thanks

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

The main difference between classic boxes is the ratio's

just Google your gearbox ty number to find it's ratio and buy a 5 speed with the same ratio .

If you get a 96 onward box you'll have to use your original mechanical speedo sensor and mabey the black and white plugged bit of loom .

As later boxes use a electronic speedo sensor but if it's the right ratio classic box it matches up with the diff and will fit all drive/prop shafts , linkage clutch ect of your existing set up .